At the Century Dental family, we think there is always a reason to smile, even when the world seems unfair or sad. However, as dentists in New Jersey, we know that many of our patients are embarrassed about their smiles for one reason or another, leaving them hiding their smiles behind their hands or not smiling at all. To help you crack a smile, we’re listing off ten heartwarming facts that might help.
As always, our team at Century Dental, Century Dental East, and Seaview Dental are here to help you love your smile again. Whether your teeth are cracked, stained, chipped, or missing, we can help repair them with restorative dentistry that includes dental implants, bridges, dentures, veneers, and other services. If you read the below and find yourself trying not to smile because you simply do not like your smile, then get in touch with our team and schedule a consultation. We’d love to help you get the smile you deserve.
10 Things To Make You Smile
- The actors who played Mickey and Minnie Mouse fell in love and got married in real life. You could say that their love was like a Disney fairytale!
- Cats try to teach their owners to hunt. In the wild, mother cats will present their kittens with dead or injured prey in order to teach them how to hunt. Because most house cats don’t have young to pass on this instinct to, instead they will bring you a sweet gift of a little mouse or bird to help you “be a better cat.” In short, even though you might think your cat hates you, they likely view you as a helpless kitten who certainly couldn’t catch a mouse on your own.
- Piglets know to respond to their mother’s calls because mother pigs sing to their babies while nursing them. Piglets can also recognize their names by the time they are two weeks old.
- Faking a smile can actually make you feel happier as it releases feel-good hormones and lowers your stress levels. And, as you’ll learn below, wanting to show off a smile is something that dentists can help with!
- Male penguins “propose” to female penguins with a small pebble. If she accepts, she will use that stone to begin building her nest, and the two penguins will be mated for life.
- A blind girl once wrote into Mr. Rogers because she was concerned that he was not feeding his fish. From that point forward, he audible announced in every episode that he was feeding the fish.
- A group of bunnies is called a fluffle, a group of porcupines is called a prickle, and a group of pugs is called a grumble!
- Costa Rica runs almost entirely on renewable energy.
- Your dog really loves you. Studies have shown that dogs release the “happy” hormone of oxytocin when they see their owner or those they consider friends. Some studies even speculate that your pup has dreams about you!
- Humans are born with a desire to help others. In a study, adults dropped an object in front of 18-month-old babies and pretended to be unable to reach it. Almost always, the baby would try to hand the adult the object. However, if the adult forcefully threw the object on the ground, the baby would recognize this as the adult not wanting the object and would not try to hand it back.
Schedule A Consultation To Improve Your Smile Today
No matter your age or the state of your smile, it’s never a bad time to try to improve it. Whether you simply want professional teeth whitening to get rid years of stains or you need dental implants to replace missing teeth, we can help.
Get in touch with our team today to schedule a consultation and discuss any concerns you have with your smile. With three convenient locations (Century Dental in Jackson, Century Dental East in Pine Beach, and Seaview Dental in Eatontown), our team of experienced restorative dentists are never far away. Our dentists specialize in dental crowns, tooth-colored fillings, dental sealants, veneers, dental implants, and so much more. Whether your treatments are cosmetic or restorative, the Century Dental family is here for your oral health and beauty.