What Are the Benefits of Dental Sealants?
Dental sealants are a great way to protect your teeth. Molars are the hardest teeth to clean, getting in all the cracks and crevices, but sealants create a smooth surface that can be easily cleaned while protecting the teeth underneath.
When you have dental sealants applied, it won’t hurt a bit, and it will assist in preventing cavities later on that would have to be filled. Even with a local anesthetic, we all know having a cavity filled is not the most pleasant experience. Sealing your teeth now will prevent potentially painful visits down the road.
How Are Dental Sealants Applied?
Applying dental sealant is a pain-free process that can be completed quickly by your dentist.
- Your dentist will thoroughly clean and dry your teeth that are to be sealed.
- Your dentist will then prepare the teeth with an acidic solution that ensures that the sealant will stick to the teeth.
- Then they rinse off the solution and dry the teeth again.
- Your dentist will then apply the dental sealant to the teeth.
- A special light is used to speed up the drying process
And that’s it! Your teeth are now sealed and protected. However, it is still extremely important to continue practicing good dental hygiene habits to continue to keep your teeth cavity-free. And remember, tooth decay can still occur between teeth even after dental sealants are applied.
Make an Appointment at Century Dental for Dental Sealants Today!
Are you considering dental sealants? Visit one of our three locations in either Eatontown, Jackson, or Pine Beach to consult with one of our dentists. Make an appointment today for a comprehensive exam and teeth cleaning and ask about dental sealants!