Are you having trouble adjusting to life with dentures? Check out the recommendations below to learn the best ways to care for your appliance:
- Do not try to make adjustments to your dentures on your own. Only dental professionals are qualified to diagnose problems and make adjustments. You may actually cause damage to the denture or your mouth if you try to adjust it yourself.
- Follow all instructions provided by our dentist regarding wearing and cleaning your dentures.
- Brush your dentures daily. Be sure to brush all surfaces.
- When brushing your dentures, use a denture cream. Toothpaste is abrasive and can scratch your appliance.
- Rinse your dentures in cold water. Do not use hot water or put your appliance in the dishwasher, as this may cause them to warp.
- Inspect your appliance regularly for wear and other damage that can cause them to function poorly.
- When not wearing your dentures, cover them in water or with a denture cleaning solution so that they do not dry out.
We also recommend that you schedule regular appointments with Dr. Todd Garland for denture maintenance so that he can ensure your appliance is functioning correctly and that your mouth is healthy. Please also be sure to tell him about any medications you are taking, as some types of medication affect your oral health and may impact the fit and function of your denture.
If your dentures are loose or broken, schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Loose dentures can cause friction and place pressure on your gum and bone tissue and may cause damage to your mouth if not adjusted.
If you have any questions about denture care, schedule an appointment at Century Dental in Jackson, New Jersey, with Dr. Garland at 732-928-7770.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.*|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.*|